Moving into assisted living is very different than simply moving to a new home. Dedicated to the health, happiness, and comfort of your family, Arcadia strives to make the transition as seamless and enjoyable as possible. Utilize our assisted living check list to ensure a smooth relocation for your loved one.
Prior to Move In
Don’t let this overwhelm you, Arcadia can help with all of these:
- Contact all creditors and subscription services to notify them of the move.
- Take care of prescriptions and set-up a new pharmacy nearby if necessary.
- Cancel any newspaper deliveries.
- Finish packing clothing, cookware, home care, and other items, only leaving out necessary items for daily use.
- Settle bills and return any library books.
- Confirm arrangements with movers.
- Assisted Living Checklist for Move-in Day
- Pack last minute items, such as like plants and toiletries. If your loved one’s furry friend is joining them, be sure to pack their food and pet supplies!
- If you are using a moving company, make sure someone is home when they arrive to ensure that everything is packed properly.
- Keep all paperwork in a safe place and record utility meter readings so that you have everything needed for final payments.
- Confirm arrival time of possessions.
With this moving to assisted living checklist, you can ensure that your family experiences a comfortable transition when relocating your loved one to their new home.
13031 SE Foster Road Portland, OR 97236
(503) 206-8930 (office)
Email resident relations at firstname.lastname@example.org
Established in 2017, Arcadia Senior Living is a locally owned and operated Assisting Senior Living community focused on quality care, happy residents and purposeful living. Our team of healthcare professionals determines a care plan for each resident which is personalized to meet each resident’s unique needs. We understand how complicated and difficult a large transition can be and our staff is trained to inform and support a new resident’s entire family during this process. We believe in transparency and openly post services which have additional costs, update families on continuing evaluations of residents, and provide activities and programming designed to keep residents active and healthy.