Moving into senior living is an adventure (at least that is how we see it). Dedicated to the wellness of our residents and their loved ones, Arcadia strives to make the transition as seamless and fun as possible. You are welcome to adapt our assisted living check list to ensure a smooth relocation for your loved one.
Arcadia is here to assist:
- Complete a change of address form: https://moversguide.usps.com/mgo/disclaimer
- Get your moving team! professionals or family / friends
- Confirm arrangements with movers 1 day prior
- Pack last minute items, such as plants and toiletries. If your loved one’s furry friend is joining them, be sure to pack their food and pet supplies!
- Call your new community and re-confirm arrival time
- Remember to hydrate often!
“Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at 20 or 80. Anyone who keeps learning stays young. The greatest thing in life is to keep your mind young.” –Henry Ford
Arcadia perk: Our 7 days a week activities and stimuli provided by Arcadia can help seniors to you feel younger for longer.
We hope this moving checklist can aid in ensuring that your family experiences a comfortable transition when relocating your loved one to their new senior living home.
13031 SE Foster Road Portland, OR 97236
(503) 206-8930 (office)
Email us: Marketing@arcadiaretirement.com
Arcadia Senior Living is a locally owned and operated senior living community focused on customized care, happy residents, and purposeful living. Our team of healthcare professionals determines a care plan for each resident which is personalized to meet each resident’s unique needs. We understand how complicated and difficult a large transition can be and our staff is trained to inform and support a new resident’s entire family during this process. We believe in transparency and openly post services which have additional costs, update families on continuing evaluations of residents, and provide activities and programming designed to keep residents active and healthy.